Massa told to destroy Hamilton’s Singapore race
London: Formula One ace Felipe Massa was urged by a Ferrari engineer to “destroy” Lewis Hamilton’s race in Singapore before the two collided.
Rob Smedley is heard on a video of the race telling Massa: “Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on boy.”
Hamilton was accosted by Massa after the race during a television interview, with the Brazilian still infuriated by having his rear tyre punctured on lap 12, a leading daily reports.
It was seen by many as another aggressive action by Hamilton, but if Massa had it in his mind to slow down Hamilton, it might explain why the two touched.
Massa had to stop for a new wheel, while Hamilton fell to 19th after changing his front wing and was later penalised by race stewards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh