Massa told to destroy Hamilton’s Singapore race
London: Formula One ace Felipe Massa was urged by a Ferrari engineer to “destroy” Lewis Hamilton’s race in Singapore before the two collided.
Rob Smedley is heard on a video of the race telling Massa: “Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on boy.”
Hamilton was accosted by Massa after the race during a television interview, with the Brazilian still infuriated by having his rear tyre punctured on lap 12, a leading daily reports.
It was seen by many as another aggressive action by Hamilton, but if Massa had it in his mind to slow down Hamilton, it might explain why the two touched.
Massa had to stop for a new wheel, while Hamilton fell to 19th after changing his front wing and was later penalised by race stewards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue