Massa told to destroy Hamilton’s Singapore race
London: Formula One ace Felipe Massa was urged by a Ferrari engineer to “destroy” Lewis Hamilton’s race in Singapore before the two collided.
Rob Smedley is heard on a video of the race telling Massa: “Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on boy.”
Hamilton was accosted by Massa after the race during a television interview, with the Brazilian still infuriated by having his rear tyre punctured on lap 12, a leading daily reports.
It was seen by many as another aggressive action by Hamilton, but if Massa had it in his mind to slow down Hamilton, it might explain why the two touched.
Massa had to stop for a new wheel, while Hamilton fell to 19th after changing his front wing and was later penalised by race stewards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works