McLaren accepts messing up Button’s car during Canadian GP
London: McLaren has apologized to their ace driver Jensen Button for making a blunder with his car at the Canadian Grand Prix, which saw him finish without points.
Button couldn’t repeat his majestic Canadian GP victory in 2011 due to a string of mechanical issues and also complained the set-up of his car was not right.
While the team was not at fault for the gearbox problem that robbed him of time during Friday’s practice, they have admitted they got it wrong with the balance of his motor.
Team boss Martin Whitmarsh is confident they have now ironed out those issues ahead of Sunday’s European Grand Prix in Valencia, Spain.
“I think, personally, we didn’t give Jenson the right car. It was damaging to the rear tyres — and these are fragile,” Whitmarsh said.
“He’s an individual who we know can look after his tyres, so the fact he was having such difficulty with the rear tyres tells me he had a different suspension geometry and set-up,” he added.
“If we had a long run on Friday we might have learned much more. We didn’t, we found out in the race — which was too late,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?