McLaren releases image of its supercar to rival Ferrari version
Geneva: McLaren has released a teaser image of its new supercar ahead of its Geneva Motor Show unveiling.
The supercar is called the 650S, and is expected to be modelled on the McLaren 12C that has been a slow seller compared with the Ferrari 458 that it competes with.
According to stuff.co.nz, the 650S is expected to get major styling revisions and a more powerful version of the 3.8-litre twin turbo-charged V8 engine.
The 650S will be the third supercar in the current range from the British sports car maker that is better known for its Formula One success than its road cars.
Power is expected to increase to about 480kW - or 650 horsepower, hence the 650S moniker - outgunning the Ferrari 458 Speciale it`s expected to compete with.
The 650S is an additional model on top of the McLaren P1 hypercar.
McLaren released only a picture of the badge of the upcoming 650S, saying it would release more details of the car on March 4, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read