McLaren releases image of its supercar to rival Ferrari version
Geneva: McLaren has released a teaser image of its new supercar ahead of its Geneva Motor Show unveiling.
The supercar is called the 650S, and is expected to be modelled on the McLaren 12C that has been a slow seller compared with the Ferrari 458 that it competes with.
According to stuff.co.nz, the 650S is expected to get major styling revisions and a more powerful version of the 3.8-litre twin turbo-charged V8 engine.
The 650S will be the third supercar in the current range from the British sports car maker that is better known for its Formula One success than its road cars.
Power is expected to increase to about 480kW - or 650 horsepower, hence the 650S moniker - outgunning the Ferrari 458 Speciale it`s expected to compete with.
The 650S is an additional model on top of the McLaren P1 hypercar.
McLaren released only a picture of the badge of the upcoming 650S, saying it would release more details of the car on March 4, 2014.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'