McLaren releases image of its supercar to rival Ferrari version
Geneva: McLaren has released a teaser image of its new supercar ahead of its Geneva Motor Show unveiling.
The supercar is called the 650S, and is expected to be modelled on the McLaren 12C that has been a slow seller compared with the Ferrari 458 that it competes with.
According to stuff.co.nz, the 650S is expected to get major styling revisions and a more powerful version of the 3.8-litre twin turbo-charged V8 engine.
The 650S will be the third supercar in the current range from the British sports car maker that is better known for its Formula One success than its road cars.
Power is expected to increase to about 480kW - or 650 horsepower, hence the 650S moniker - outgunning the Ferrari 458 Speciale it`s expected to compete with.
The 650S is an additional model on top of the McLaren P1 hypercar.
McLaren released only a picture of the badge of the upcoming 650S, saying it would release more details of the car on March 4, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre