McLaren will move on despite losing technical director to Mercedes: Button
London: Ace driver Jensen Button insists his McLaren team will still win races despite losing technical director Paddy Lowe to rivals Mercedes. The technical expert has followed British ace Lewis Hamilton out of the door at McLaren to join Mercedes`` dream team. Lowe, who had been at McLaren since 1993, has been placed on gardening leave since informing the Woking-based team that he wanted to quit.
The 50-year-old has been replaced by Tim Goss, who has been promoted from his role as director of engineering. Button said: he really likes Lowe, adding it has been good fun working with him and he is a good guy. Button added things change and he wants a new challenge and fair play to him, adding he has to look after Number One and that`s himself, and good luck to him. Button said having Goss in that role is fantastic, adding he is the guy who designed the 2012 car, which won seven races, so he knows exactly what he is doing.
The Brit further added this team is not down to one individual it is the full team, adding Lowe leaving is part of the sport, and this team will succeed with or without him. Meanwhile, McLaren`s managing director, Jonathan Neale, says Lowe`s departure so close to the first race in Melbourne, will not hamper the team`s preparations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'