McLaren will move on despite losing technical director to Mercedes: Button
London: Ace driver Jensen Button insists his McLaren team will still win races despite losing technical director Paddy Lowe to rivals Mercedes. The technical expert has followed British ace Lewis Hamilton out of the door at McLaren to join Mercedes`` dream team. Lowe, who had been at McLaren since 1993, has been placed on gardening leave since informing the Woking-based team that he wanted to quit.
The 50-year-old has been replaced by Tim Goss, who has been promoted from his role as director of engineering. Button said: he really likes Lowe, adding it has been good fun working with him and he is a good guy. Button added things change and he wants a new challenge and fair play to him, adding he has to look after Number One and that`s himself, and good luck to him. Button said having Goss in that role is fantastic, adding he is the guy who designed the 2012 car, which won seven races, so he knows exactly what he is doing.
The Brit further added this team is not down to one individual it is the full team, adding Lowe leaving is part of the sport, and this team will succeed with or without him. Meanwhile, McLaren`s managing director, Jonathan Neale, says Lowe`s departure so close to the first race in Melbourne, will not hamper the team`s preparations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail