McLaren’s Hamilton blames pit crew botches for wrecking F1 championship chances
London: McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton, who will be joining Mercedes next season, has blamed early season pit-stop botches for wrecking his Formula One championship hopes ahead of Sunday’s Indian Grand Prix.
Asked if a string of early pit-stop mistakes were at the root of their troubled season, he replied: “It’s one of the main reasons we are not fighting for the world championship now. Unfortunately, with several issues we had as a team, we lost quite a lot of the opportunity we had.”
“We had quite a good car at the beginning of the year and we weren’t able to capitalise on it,” the Daily Mirror quoted Hamilton, as saying.
McLaren won the opening race and Hamilton went on to lead the championship with three consecutive podium finishes, but the toll of mistakes quickly tipped him off the top.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview