Mercedes-backed Hamilton can roar to F1 title next season: Ross Brawn
London: Mercedes boss Ross Brawn reckons Lewis Hamilton can roar to the Formula One title next season.
The Brit has signed a three-year 60 million-pound deal with the German giants but has dismissed his chances of even winning a race in 2013.
But team boss Brawn, who masterminded a title win in 2009 for Hamilton’s former McLaren team-mate Jenson Button, is confident the new man can do the same, The Sun reports.
“I think Lewis was just playing things down. I’m sure in his heart he wants to win and set pole positions, but he understands the journey we must go on,” Brawn said.
“We’re working very hard to give him and Nico Rosberg the opportunity to win and take pole positions. That’s our ambition and our objective. It’s obviously critical we improve from where we are. We’re going to try, even if we don’t hit all our objectives,” he added.
According to the paper, Hamilton will replace Michael Schumacher at Mercedes, forcing the seven-time world champion to call time on his F1 career, and Brawn is looking forward to working with the 43-year-old’s replacement.
He said: “We’re very excited about the prospect of working with Lewis. It’s going to be very interesting for all of us. I’m sure he’ll be different to Michael.”
“The team are also very excited that we’re still able to have a driver of that calibre. As we get a stronger car, obviously the drivers will become even more critical for us,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister