Mercedes boss not losing sleep over Lewsi Hamilton-Nico Rosberg rivalry
London: Mercedes Formula One co-team boss Toto Wolff has said that he does not believe that the rivalry between drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will get out of hand.
Hamilton and Rosberg are competing eagerly for the drivers` title with the German leading the second-placed Brit by 11 points.
Wolff said that until now it has functioned really well, and added that he does not see that it could come to a point where they say it is difficult to manage, The BBC reported.
Hamilton refused a team order to move over for Rosberg at the Hungarian Grand Prix because he felt it would hurt his title hopes.
Wolff said that the Mercedes racing duo pushes each other to new levels, to new heights, in a way that is not detrimental to the team. He added that it is potentially going to get more heated.
But, Wolff said that if they carry on in performing as they do now, he is still carefully optimistic that it is only up to the two of them in fighting for the World Championship.
The next race would be the Belgium Grand Prix on 24 August, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble