Mercedes boss not losing sleep over Lewsi Hamilton-Nico Rosberg rivalry
London: Mercedes Formula One co-team boss Toto Wolff has said that he does not believe that the rivalry between drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will get out of hand.
Hamilton and Rosberg are competing eagerly for the drivers` title with the German leading the second-placed Brit by 11 points.
Wolff said that until now it has functioned really well, and added that he does not see that it could come to a point where they say it is difficult to manage, The BBC reported.
Hamilton refused a team order to move over for Rosberg at the Hungarian Grand Prix because he felt it would hurt his title hopes.
Wolff said that the Mercedes racing duo pushes each other to new levels, to new heights, in a way that is not detrimental to the team. He added that it is potentially going to get more heated.
But, Wolff said that if they carry on in performing as they do now, he is still carefully optimistic that it is only up to the two of them in fighting for the World Championship.
The next race would be the Belgium Grand Prix on 24 August, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...