Mercedes chief Brawn says `momentum` with team to win F1 title
London: Mercedes chief Ross Brawn is convinced Mercedes can prove to be a real challenge for the constructors` championship after carrying their momentum into the second half of the season.
According to The Independent, seven pole positions in the last eight grand prix races and three wins in the last five have made Mercedes the main challengers to Red Bull.
Heading into the summer break, Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton trails Red Bull`s championship leader, Sebastian Vettel, by 48 points, with Mercedes 69 adrift of the reigning champions in the constructors` race, the report said.
However, the team principal said that they were still far from perfect with a lot of work to do but the momentum for the second half of the season was strong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi