Mercedes chief Brawn says `momentum` with team to win F1 title
London: Mercedes chief Ross Brawn is convinced Mercedes can prove to be a real challenge for the constructors` championship after carrying their momentum into the second half of the season.
According to The Independent, seven pole positions in the last eight grand prix races and three wins in the last five have made Mercedes the main challengers to Red Bull.
Heading into the summer break, Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton trails Red Bull`s championship leader, Sebastian Vettel, by 48 points, with Mercedes 69 adrift of the reigning champions in the constructors` race, the report said.
However, the team principal said that they were still far from perfect with a lot of work to do but the momentum for the second half of the season was strong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users