Mercedes` Nico Rosberg wins Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo: Thirty years after Keke Rosberg won the Monaco Grand Prix in 1983, his son Nico Rosberg emulated the feat by winning the prestigious race Sunday.
Rosberg, who started in pole, drove his Mercedes from lights-to-victory at the Circuit de Monaco here to take home his second ever win in Formula 1, with his first coming last year in China.
The German won the 78-lap race amid a lot of accidents from the two Red Bulls of World Champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber. Rosberg`s teammate Lewis Hamilton came home in fourth with Adrian Sutil finishing fifth.
Former World Champions Jenson Button (McLaren) and Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) finished sixth and seventh, respectively.
The crash-strewn race featured two safety cars and an extended red-flag period.
On lap 46, the race was red-flagged because of a big accident involving Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Marussia`s Max Chilton at Tabac.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez