Mercedes` Nico Rosberg wins Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo: Thirty years after Keke Rosberg won the Monaco Grand Prix in 1983, his son Nico Rosberg emulated the feat by winning the prestigious race Sunday.
Rosberg, who started in pole, drove his Mercedes from lights-to-victory at the Circuit de Monaco here to take home his second ever win in Formula 1, with his first coming last year in China.
The German won the 78-lap race amid a lot of accidents from the two Red Bulls of World Champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber. Rosberg`s teammate Lewis Hamilton came home in fourth with Adrian Sutil finishing fifth.
Former World Champions Jenson Button (McLaren) and Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) finished sixth and seventh, respectively.
The crash-strewn race featured two safety cars and an extended red-flag period.
On lap 46, the race was red-flagged because of a big accident involving Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Marussia`s Max Chilton at Tabac.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof