Mercedes` Nico Rosberg wins Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo: Thirty years after Keke Rosberg won the Monaco Grand Prix in 1983, his son Nico Rosberg emulated the feat by winning the prestigious race Sunday.
Rosberg, who started in pole, drove his Mercedes from lights-to-victory at the Circuit de Monaco here to take home his second ever win in Formula 1, with his first coming last year in China.
The German won the 78-lap race amid a lot of accidents from the two Red Bulls of World Champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber. Rosberg`s teammate Lewis Hamilton came home in fourth with Adrian Sutil finishing fifth.
Former World Champions Jenson Button (McLaren) and Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) finished sixth and seventh, respectively.
The crash-strewn race featured two safety cars and an extended red-flag period.
On lap 46, the race was red-flagged because of a big accident involving Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Marussia`s Max Chilton at Tabac.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test