Mercedes` Nico Rosberg wins Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo: Thirty years after Keke Rosberg won the Monaco Grand Prix in 1983, his son Nico Rosberg emulated the feat by winning the prestigious race Sunday.
Rosberg, who started in pole, drove his Mercedes from lights-to-victory at the Circuit de Monaco here to take home his second ever win in Formula 1, with his first coming last year in China.
The German won the 78-lap race amid a lot of accidents from the two Red Bulls of World Champion Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber. Rosberg`s teammate Lewis Hamilton came home in fourth with Adrian Sutil finishing fifth.
Former World Champions Jenson Button (McLaren) and Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) finished sixth and seventh, respectively.
The crash-strewn race featured two safety cars and an extended red-flag period.
On lap 46, the race was red-flagged because of a big accident involving Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Marussia`s Max Chilton at Tabac.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing