Mercedes, Pirelli to face tribunal hearing over `secret` tyre test
London: Mercedes might face quitting Formula One if the International Tribunal decides that the team is guilty of getting a secret in-season tyre test conducted with Pirelli.
While Mercedes` expulsion from F1 is deemed unlikely, the case hearing in Paris where both Mercedes and tyremaker Pirelli will be inquired, could hit the team with a fine, a points deduction, a race ban or exclusion from the championship, the Sun reports.
According to the report, some sources believe that if the hearing outcome is ` unfair `, it will be detrimental for Mercedes` global profile and might make them reconsider their involvement in F1, although this is nothing new with Mercedes as they have been linked with quitting the sport earlier too.
The report said that although Mercedes and Pirelli consider last month`s 1000 km Barcelona test to be within the rules specified by the sport`s governing body, FIA, other F1 teams such as Red Bull and Ferrari have officially protested against Mercedes` breach of the sport`s regulations and want FIA to resolve the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!