Mercedes to switch 50 percent work force on 2014 Formula One car
London: Formula One team Mercedes has revealed that they are about to use more than half their workforce on to their 2014 Formula One car to make their star driver Lewis Hamilton a strong contender for the trophy next season.
F1 teams are facing massive rule changes next season as the current V8 engines are replaced by 1.6 litre V6 turbos, which in turn will prompt a fundamental re-think on chassis design and aerodynamics.
Although the team has insisted that they will not abandon this year`s championship challenge, team chief Toto Wolff said that they have more than one eye on the future, adding that they will gradually raise the number of people working on the car to 50 percent for the next season.
Stating that he believes that most teams will gradually follow Mercedes`s example, Wolff said that it is necessary as the 2014 car is very complex.
However, Wollff said that Mercedes` decision did not mean they are waving the white flag already this season, adding that he wants his side to be among the four top teams in the constructors championship and have a driver among the top four as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP