Mercedes to switch 50 percent work force on 2014 Formula One car
London: Formula One team Mercedes has revealed that they are about to use more than half their workforce on to their 2014 Formula One car to make their star driver Lewis Hamilton a strong contender for the trophy next season.
F1 teams are facing massive rule changes next season as the current V8 engines are replaced by 1.6 litre V6 turbos, which in turn will prompt a fundamental re-think on chassis design and aerodynamics.
Although the team has insisted that they will not abandon this year`s championship challenge, team chief Toto Wolff said that they have more than one eye on the future, adding that they will gradually raise the number of people working on the car to 50 percent for the next season.
Stating that he believes that most teams will gradually follow Mercedes`s example, Wolff said that it is necessary as the 2014 car is very complex.
However, Wollff said that Mercedes` decision did not mean they are waving the white flag already this season, adding that he wants his side to be among the four top teams in the constructors championship and have a driver among the top four as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB