Mercedes wary of unpredictable weather in Malaysia
Sepang: Mercedes have expressed cautiousness for the upcoming Formula-1 Malaysian Grand Prix due to unpredictable weather here at the Sepang International Circuit.
"It will be a very challenging weekend," Mercedes` team principal Ross Brawn was quoted as saying on Wednesday. "It is a really unpredictable environment; we wish we have a more normal weekend."
The drivers are likely to face high temperature and unpredictable showers during the weekend. That makes a good start more important in the race, said Brawn.
"I will be very disappointed if we are not finding ourselves in the top six in qualifying," he said.
Lewis Hamilton was fifth last week in Melbourne in his first race for Mercedes, after tyre degradation forced him to give up the two-stop plan.
Hamilton`s teammate Nico Rosberg retired on the 27th lap owing to electrical failure, following a decent performance in the first and second qualifying sessions.
Brawn said the Mercedes cars have shown encouraging signs, but the team is still finding the best balance for the car.
"It`s healthy for us to assume there`s a gap...you need a few races to make the judgment, but it`s obvious that we have a gap to close and we are working to close it."
Brawn said he was disappointed by Rosberg`s early retirement.
Meanwhile, Hamilton said he was happy to be with Mercedes after finishing his career at McLaren.
When asked about the poor performance of his former team in the first race of the season, the 28-year-old Briton said he believes that McLaren would make a comeback.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi