Mercedes wary of unpredictable weather in Malaysia
Sepang: Mercedes have expressed cautiousness for the upcoming Formula-1 Malaysian Grand Prix due to unpredictable weather here at the Sepang International Circuit.
"It will be a very challenging weekend," Mercedes` team principal Ross Brawn was quoted as saying on Wednesday. "It is a really unpredictable environment; we wish we have a more normal weekend."
The drivers are likely to face high temperature and unpredictable showers during the weekend. That makes a good start more important in the race, said Brawn.
"I will be very disappointed if we are not finding ourselves in the top six in qualifying," he said.
Lewis Hamilton was fifth last week in Melbourne in his first race for Mercedes, after tyre degradation forced him to give up the two-stop plan.
Hamilton`s teammate Nico Rosberg retired on the 27th lap owing to electrical failure, following a decent performance in the first and second qualifying sessions.
Brawn said the Mercedes cars have shown encouraging signs, but the team is still finding the best balance for the car.
"It`s healthy for us to assume there`s a gap...you need a few races to make the judgment, but it`s obvious that we have a gap to close and we are working to close it."
Brawn said he was disappointed by Rosberg`s early retirement.
Meanwhile, Hamilton said he was happy to be with Mercedes after finishing his career at McLaren.
When asked about the poor performance of his former team in the first race of the season, the 28-year-old Briton said he believes that McLaren would make a comeback.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan