Mexico returns to Formula One after 23 years
Paris: Mexico will return to the Formula One world championship in 2015 after being absent from the calendar since 1992, the sport`s ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone confirmed on Wednesday.
"I`m happy to announce we`ve concluded an agreement to have a race in 2015," Ecclestone told www.formula1.com.
The race will be run at the 4.421-kilometre Mexico City circuit.
Mexico first hosted a race in 1963 but was last staged in 1992 when it was won by Nigel Mansell in a Williams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...