Michael Schumacher `fighting for life`: doctors
Paris: Seven-time Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher is "fighting for his life" after a ski accident in the French Alps, BBC reported early Tuesday.
The driver remains in a critical condition in hospital in Grenoble hospital in France with head injuries suffered Sunday morning at the resort of Meribel. "We cannot tell you what the outcome will be yet," the doctors treating him told a news conference Monday morning.
Schumacher`s family were at his bedside. He underwent surgery on arrival at the University Hospital in Grenoble.
He remains in a coma and the medical team treating him said that they were working "hour by hour".
"All we can do is wait," they added.
Schumacher is the most successful Formula One driver of all time with a record 91 victories among his achievements. He won his titles with Benetton and Ferrari.
The German, who lives in Switzerland with his wife and two children, left the sport in 2012 after a three-year comeback with Mercedes following an earlier retirement from Ferrari in 2006-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video