Michael Schumacher may never wake up from `medically-induced` coma: Reports
London: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who has been in a medically-induced following a skiing accident in late December, may reportedly never regain consciousness.
The seven-time German champion has been un consciousness for 18 days since smashing his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps , although theoretically, the coma means that oxygen to his brain is reduced, allowing him to make a speedier recovery.
However, the a leading newspaper reports that a German publication had quoted medical experts who said that Schumacher`s condition is so grave that there is a chance he will not awaken, adding that doctors currently have no plans to try to rouse him from his coma.
The report mentioned that patients placed in comas are usually brought out of them before 14 days, adding that doctors gave Schumacher a fresh scan this week, with a neurosurgeon fearing that the long coma indicates serious brain damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS