Michael Schumacher may never wake up from `medically-induced` coma: Reports
London: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who has been in a medically-induced following a skiing accident in late December, may reportedly never regain consciousness.
The seven-time German champion has been un consciousness for 18 days since smashing his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps , although theoretically, the coma means that oxygen to his brain is reduced, allowing him to make a speedier recovery.
However, the a leading newspaper reports that a German publication had quoted medical experts who said that Schumacher`s condition is so grave that there is a chance he will not awaken, adding that doctors currently have no plans to try to rouse him from his coma.
The report mentioned that patients placed in comas are usually brought out of them before 14 days, adding that doctors gave Schumacher a fresh scan this week, with a neurosurgeon fearing that the long coma indicates serious brain damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani