Michael Schumacher may never wake up from `medically-induced` coma: Reports
London: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who has been in a medically-induced following a skiing accident in late December, may reportedly never regain consciousness.
The seven-time German champion has been un consciousness for 18 days since smashing his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps , although theoretically, the coma means that oxygen to his brain is reduced, allowing him to make a speedier recovery.
However, the a leading newspaper reports that a German publication had quoted medical experts who said that Schumacher`s condition is so grave that there is a chance he will not awaken, adding that doctors currently have no plans to try to rouse him from his coma.
The report mentioned that patients placed in comas are usually brought out of them before 14 days, adding that doctors gave Schumacher a fresh scan this week, with a neurosurgeon fearing that the long coma indicates serious brain damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state