Michael Schumacher out of coma, moved to Swiss hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Berlin: Michael Schumacher has beaten the odds once again. The Formula One great is out of coma and has left the French hospital where he was undergoing treatment since a skiing accident last December.
Schumacher`s Manager Sabine Kehm said in a statement that Schumacher has left the hospital in Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation.
"For the future we ask for understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm adds.
According to latest reports, the 45-year-old was transferred to a hospital in the Swiss city of Lausanne, hospital spokesman Darcy Christen told AFP, where he will be undergoing further treatment.
Schumacher was injured after he slammed his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in France on December 27 last year.
Schumacher was in an induced coma since being hospitalized and had undergone two operations in Grenoble.
45-year-old Schumacher is the most successful Formula One driver of all time with 91 race victories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen