Michael Schumacher out of coma, moved to Swiss hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Berlin: Michael Schumacher has beaten the odds once again. The Formula One great is out of coma and has left the French hospital where he was undergoing treatment since a skiing accident last December.
Schumacher`s Manager Sabine Kehm said in a statement that Schumacher has left the hospital in Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation.
"For the future we ask for understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm adds.
According to latest reports, the 45-year-old was transferred to a hospital in the Swiss city of Lausanne, hospital spokesman Darcy Christen told AFP, where he will be undergoing further treatment.
Schumacher was injured after he slammed his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in France on December 27 last year.
Schumacher was in an induced coma since being hospitalized and had undergone two operations in Grenoble.
45-year-old Schumacher is the most successful Formula One driver of all time with 91 race victories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city