Michael Schumacher out of coma, moved to Swiss hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Berlin: Michael Schumacher has beaten the odds once again. The Formula One great is out of coma and has left the French hospital where he was undergoing treatment since a skiing accident last December.
Schumacher`s Manager Sabine Kehm said in a statement that Schumacher has left the hospital in Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation.
"For the future we ask for understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm adds.
According to latest reports, the 45-year-old was transferred to a hospital in the Swiss city of Lausanne, hospital spokesman Darcy Christen told AFP, where he will be undergoing further treatment.
Schumacher was injured after he slammed his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in France on December 27 last year.
Schumacher was in an induced coma since being hospitalized and had undergone two operations in Grenoble.
45-year-old Schumacher is the most successful Formula One driver of all time with 91 race victories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster