Michael Schumacher`s wife puts couple`s private jet up for sale for 12 mln pounds
London: Stricken Formula One legend Michael Schumacher`s wife Corinna Schumacher has put the couple`s private jet up for sale for 12 million pounds.
Corinna`s decision to cash in on the grey Falcon 2000EX jet, which has Michael`s initials on its tail, is seen as an acceptance that the seven-time Formula One champion`s days to roam around the world are over.
According to the Daily Star, reports in Germany have said the reasons for the sale are obvious, adding that during his active time as a Formula One driver, Michael jetted between 300 and 400 hours annually with the aircraft around the world.
But, the reports added that now everything is different and the world of the Schumachers has changed.
Michael is currently in a Swiss clinic and is facing years of therapy to recover from his near-fatal ski crash last Christmas. On Tuesday it was claimed that the racing legend has begun fluttering his eyelids and may be ready to leave hospital by the end of August.
Next week would mark seven months since Michael suffered serious head injuries from smashing his head on rocks during a skiing accident on December 29, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury