Michael Schumacher`s wife puts couple`s private jet up for sale for 12 mln pounds
London: Stricken Formula One legend Michael Schumacher`s wife Corinna Schumacher has put the couple`s private jet up for sale for 12 million pounds.
Corinna`s decision to cash in on the grey Falcon 2000EX jet, which has Michael`s initials on its tail, is seen as an acceptance that the seven-time Formula One champion`s days to roam around the world are over.
According to the Daily Star, reports in Germany have said the reasons for the sale are obvious, adding that during his active time as a Formula One driver, Michael jetted between 300 and 400 hours annually with the aircraft around the world.
But, the reports added that now everything is different and the world of the Schumachers has changed.
Michael is currently in a Swiss clinic and is facing years of therapy to recover from his near-fatal ski crash last Christmas. On Tuesday it was claimed that the racing legend has begun fluttering his eyelids and may be ready to leave hospital by the end of August.
Next week would mark seven months since Michael suffered serious head injuries from smashing his head on rocks during a skiing accident on December 29, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre