Michael Schumacher seriously injured in skiing accident in France
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: Record seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher has been admitted to a hospital in France after getting seriously hurt in a skiing accident, reports said.
As per reports, Schumacher suffered serious head injuries in the crash. The accident took place when the 44-year-old was skiing in a French resort of Meribel in the popular Three Valleys ski area.
The German owns a chalet in Meribel and is a keen skiier.
Apart from seven world championship titles he secured 91 race victories during a 19-year career in Formula 1.
The German won two titles with Benetton in 1994 and 1995 before switching to Ferrari in 1996 and going on to win five straight titles from 2000.
Schumi announced his retirement from Formula One for the second time in December 2012.
Though his second stint was a disappointing one, when he made a comeback in 2010 for Mercedes team but only managed a sole podium finish in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender