Michael Schumacher seriously injured in skiing accident in France
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: Record seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher has been admitted to a hospital in France after getting seriously hurt in a skiing accident, reports said.
As per reports, Schumacher suffered serious head injuries in the crash. The accident took place when the 44-year-old was skiing in a French resort of Meribel in the popular Three Valleys ski area.
The German owns a chalet in Meribel and is a keen skiier.
Apart from seven world championship titles he secured 91 race victories during a 19-year career in Formula 1.
The German won two titles with Benetton in 1994 and 1995 before switching to Ferrari in 1996 and going on to win five straight titles from 2000.
Schumi announced his retirement from Formula One for the second time in December 2012.
Though his second stint was a disappointing one, when he made a comeback in 2010 for Mercedes team but only managed a sole podium finish in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...