Michael Schumacher seriously injured in skiing accident in France
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: Record seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher has been admitted to a hospital in France after getting seriously hurt in a skiing accident, reports said.
As per reports, Schumacher suffered serious head injuries in the crash. The accident took place when the 44-year-old was skiing in a French resort of Meribel in the popular Three Valleys ski area.
The German owns a chalet in Meribel and is a keen skiier.
Apart from seven world championship titles he secured 91 race victories during a 19-year career in Formula 1.
The German won two titles with Benetton in 1994 and 1995 before switching to Ferrari in 1996 and going on to win five straight titles from 2000.
Schumi announced his retirement from Formula One for the second time in December 2012.
Though his second stint was a disappointing one, when he made a comeback in 2010 for Mercedes team but only managed a sole podium finish in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das