Michael Schumacher still feels passionate ahead of 300th race of F1 career
London: This weekend’s Belgium Grand Prix would be Michael Schumacher’s 300th Formula One race, and the seven times champion believes he still has the same passion for the sport as he had 21 years back.
Schumacher began his career at the Belgium Grand Prix, and has had six victories here alongside three runner-up places, several retirements and a disqualification.
A poster down the road from the village of Francochamps, which lies alongside the circuit, declared: “Michael make it 400”.
But while the German legend ruled out that possibility, and there was no news on whether he will make it to 310, with nine races remaining in this season.
That would mean starting in Australia next season to extend his three-year comeback to an age, which few have reached since the days of Jaun Manuel Fangio in the 1950s.
Yet Schumacher is a fit, modern driver, sitting among men half his age yesterday.
“I have always called this my living room and now it is officially that. It is very special for me here in Spa. First race, first win, some beautiful victories, some interesting races, 20th anniversary last year. So it is the full package,”
“I have the passion. You are involved to do the best you can although you depend on your machine but that is the challenge. I still enjoy it. My ability is better now,” he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof