Monaco GP win puts Rosberg in dad`s shoes 30 years hence
London: Mercedes Formula One racer Nico Rosberg emulated his father Keke to win the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday and lead Mercedes to its first victory of the season on the 30th anniversary of his father`s Monaco success despite Rosberg`s team-mate Lewis Hamilton`s fourth position in the race ahead of McLaren`s driver Jenson Button in the eventful Grand Prix.
Rosberg went ahead towards the greatest victory of his career even with a track littered with debris and Mercedes` tyre mayhem.
According to the report, the Rosbergs are the first father-son duo to win the race thirty years apart.
The report said that Monaco win was the perfect antidote for the monotony of the last round in Spain despite two safety car periods and a race halt due to littered debris.
While Hamilton was waiting behind Rosberg, he lost second and third place to the Red Bull racers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill
- Haryana CM forgets PV Sindhu’s name, says she’s from Karnataka: Report
- Scarlett Keeling's death caused by external forces, claims defence