Monaco GP win puts Rosberg in dad`s shoes 30 years hence
London: Mercedes Formula One racer Nico Rosberg emulated his father Keke to win the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday and lead Mercedes to its first victory of the season on the 30th anniversary of his father`s Monaco success despite Rosberg`s team-mate Lewis Hamilton`s fourth position in the race ahead of McLaren`s driver Jenson Button in the eventful Grand Prix.
Rosberg went ahead towards the greatest victory of his career even with a track littered with debris and Mercedes` tyre mayhem.
According to the report, the Rosbergs are the first father-son duo to win the race thirty years apart.
The report said that Monaco win was the perfect antidote for the monotony of the last round in Spain despite two safety car periods and a race halt due to littered debris.
While Hamilton was waiting behind Rosberg, he lost second and third place to the Red Bull racers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened