Monaco GP win puts Rosberg in dad`s shoes 30 years hence
London: Mercedes Formula One racer Nico Rosberg emulated his father Keke to win the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday and lead Mercedes to its first victory of the season on the 30th anniversary of his father`s Monaco success despite Rosberg`s team-mate Lewis Hamilton`s fourth position in the race ahead of McLaren`s driver Jenson Button in the eventful Grand Prix.
Rosberg went ahead towards the greatest victory of his career even with a track littered with debris and Mercedes` tyre mayhem.
According to the report, the Rosbergs are the first father-son duo to win the race thirty years apart.
The report said that Monaco win was the perfect antidote for the monotony of the last round in Spain despite two safety car periods and a race halt due to littered debris.
While Hamilton was waiting behind Rosberg, he lost second and third place to the Red Bull racers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today