Monaco GP win puts Rosberg in dad`s shoes 30 years hence
London: Mercedes Formula One racer Nico Rosberg emulated his father Keke to win the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday and lead Mercedes to its first victory of the season on the 30th anniversary of his father`s Monaco success despite Rosberg`s team-mate Lewis Hamilton`s fourth position in the race ahead of McLaren`s driver Jenson Button in the eventful Grand Prix.
Rosberg went ahead towards the greatest victory of his career even with a track littered with debris and Mercedes` tyre mayhem.
According to the report, the Rosbergs are the first father-son duo to win the race thirty years apart.
The report said that Monaco win was the perfect antidote for the monotony of the last round in Spain despite two safety car periods and a race halt due to littered debris.
While Hamilton was waiting behind Rosberg, he lost second and third place to the Red Bull racers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?