Monza extends F1 deal until 2016
London: Fears that plans to stage a street race in Rome would threaten the future of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza eased when the track announced it had extended its Formula One deal until 2016.
"The Italian Grand Prix will be at Monza until 2016," Claudio Vigano, the head of SIAS, the company that controls the circuit, told reporters. "The extension of the contract has been signed."
The sport`s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said in January that an agreement had been signed to hold a grand prix in Rome in the coming years, without giving a date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?