Monza extends F1 deal until 2016
London: Fears that plans to stage a street race in Rome would threaten the future of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza eased when the track announced it had extended its Formula One deal until 2016.
"The Italian Grand Prix will be at Monza until 2016," Claudio Vigano, the head of SIAS, the company that controls the circuit, told reporters. "The extension of the contract has been signed."
The sport`s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said in January that an agreement had been signed to hold a grand prix in Rome in the coming years, without giving a date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence