Monza extends F1 deal until 2016
London: Fears that plans to stage a street race in Rome would threaten the future of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza eased when the track announced it had extended its Formula One deal until 2016.
"The Italian Grand Prix will be at Monza until 2016," Claudio Vigano, the head of SIAS, the company that controls the circuit, told reporters. "The extension of the contract has been signed."
The sport`s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said in January that an agreement had been signed to hold a grand prix in Rome in the coming years, without giving a date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price