Motorcyclist dies during competition in Argentina
Buenos Aires: An Argentine motorcyclist died in an accident that occurred during "Desafio Ruta 40" competition in the northern Argentine province of La Rioja.
The motorcyclist was identified as Nicolas Rojas, from La Plata, capital of Buenos Aires province, who went out of the track two km from "Desafio Ruta 40" start line on Thursday, said a statement issued by his team "Off Road Uruguay", reports Xinhua.
Rojas, 35, was driving a Yahama WRJVO 450 when he fell and died instantly.
The pilot was in position 20 of the general ranking with his vehicle number 35.
His Spanish colleague, Joan "Nani" Roma, who leads the car competition, said his death is "a pity and makes us very sad".
"We all know there is a risk when we take part in this kind of competitions, but we never expect a tragedy like this one. My condolences to the family," said Roma.
"Desfio Ruta 40" is an international sports competition held by the Dakar Rally`s organisers and Argentina`s ministry of tourism, for the fourth consecutive year. The current edition began on May 13 and will end on June 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi