Motorsports: Roy-Mehta bag top honours
Coimbatore: Subir Roy and co-driver Nirov Mehta emerged Overall and Pro-Expert champions in the Mills and Monsoon Rally, the third round of the FMSCI Indian National TSD Rally Championship, here on Sunday with a penalty of 38 seconds.
S.K. Ajgar Ali (Mohd Musthafa) finished second overall and in pro-Expert category behind Roy and Mehta with a penalty of one minute with Ganesh Moorthy (T Nagarajan) coming in third at one minute, 19 seconds.
Topping the Pro-Stock category were GJ Amarnath and Mokthiyar Ahmed who were dorkced three minutes, 33 seconds, well ahead of Dinky Verghese (C Sakthivel) who returned 14 minutes, 29 seconds while Hebbar (Sagar M) completed the podium in 16 minutes, 55 seconds.
The 180-km event run on the outskirts of the city and organised by Spitfire Motorsports, witnessed some tricky sections that caught out even the most experienced crew many of whom missed a turn or two and lost time.
The one-day event attracted 17 entries and started and finished at the Kari Motor Speedway on the outskirts of the city.
Overall: Subir Roy / Nirov Mehta 1 (38 seconds penalty); SK Ajgar Ali / MK Mohammed Musthafa 2 (1min); Ganesh Moorthy / T Nagarajan 3 (1min, 19secs).
Pro-Expert: Roy / Mehta 1; Ali / Musthafa 2; Moorthy / Nagarajan 3.
Pro-Stock: GJ Amarnath / Mokthiyar Ahmed 1 (3mins, 33secs); Dinky Verghese / C Sakthivel 2 (14mins, 29secs); Hebbar / Sagar M (16mins, 55secs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal