Muhammad Ali inspires me in F1 championship: Lewis Hamilton
London: Formula One star Lewis Hamilton has said that the boxing legend Muhammad Ali inspires him in the championship.
According to the BBC, Hamilton said he was drawing on Ali`s famous ` rope-a-dope` victory against George Foreman in 1974 in closing the 29-point gap to his Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg . He sat on the rope and let Foreman have the upper hand until he decided it was the right time to turn it around.
Hamilton added that he is hoping to do a similar thing in the championship, and he is very much inspired by Ali.
The Brit racer feels it is important to be ahead of Rosberg this weekend, and he would do everything to be out front as winning home Grand Prix is one of the greatest experiences one can have as a driver, the report said.
However, Hamilton has not won at Silverstone since 2008, when he dominated in wet conditions to take one of the greatest victories of his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS