Muhammad Ali inspires me in F1 championship: Lewis Hamilton
London: Formula One star Lewis Hamilton has said that the boxing legend Muhammad Ali inspires him in the championship.
According to the BBC, Hamilton said he was drawing on Ali`s famous ` rope-a-dope` victory against George Foreman in 1974 in closing the 29-point gap to his Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg . He sat on the rope and let Foreman have the upper hand until he decided it was the right time to turn it around.
Hamilton added that he is hoping to do a similar thing in the championship, and he is very much inspired by Ali.
The Brit racer feels it is important to be ahead of Rosberg this weekend, and he would do everything to be out front as winning home Grand Prix is one of the greatest experiences one can have as a driver, the report said.
However, Hamilton has not won at Silverstone since 2008, when he dominated in wet conditions to take one of the greatest victories of his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH