Muhammad Ali inspires me in F1 championship: Lewis Hamilton
London: Formula One star Lewis Hamilton has said that the boxing legend Muhammad Ali inspires him in the championship.
According to the BBC, Hamilton said he was drawing on Ali`s famous ` rope-a-dope` victory against George Foreman in 1974 in closing the 29-point gap to his Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg . He sat on the rope and let Foreman have the upper hand until he decided it was the right time to turn it around.
Hamilton added that he is hoping to do a similar thing in the championship, and he is very much inspired by Ali.
The Brit racer feels it is important to be ahead of Rosberg this weekend, and he would do everything to be out front as winning home Grand Prix is one of the greatest experiences one can have as a driver, the report said.
However, Hamilton has not won at Silverstone since 2008, when he dominated in wet conditions to take one of the greatest victories of his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win