Narain finishes 4th in Budapest round of AutoGP
Budapest: Enduring a lot of issues, including a poor pit stop, Narain Karthikeyan could finish no better than fourth in race two of round three of the AutoGP World Series, here on Sunday.
Having suffered tyre overheating issues in qualifying, Narain could qualify no better than seventh but despite a great start, he fell back due to an engine misfire.
As a result he could only finish eighth but had pole position for race two due to the reversed grid format.
Starting from pole, Narain led race two in the opening laps until tyre issues surfaced once again and he started struggling with rear grip.
The team decided to pit him but more bad luck was in store as a slow pitstop saw Narain rapidly dropping down the order. He could ultimately do no better than salvage fourth place for his efforts.
"There were a lot of issues so we were not quick enough throughout the weekend. In race two a podium was possible in the second race, but the pit stop took too long," rued Narain.
"A lot of improvement is needed all around, and I hope we can work on these issues for the next round at Silverstone."
The slow pitstop particularly cost Narian dear as he was stationary for over 12 seconds with a normal pitstop usually taking around six seconds.
It cost him podium as Narain trailed second place finisher Sergio Campana by just 5.51 seconds and was merely 3.2 seconds adrift of third placed R Agostini.
After three rounds, Narain is lying sixth in the championship with 33 points. The next AutoGP World Series round is scheduled at Silverstone on 1-2 June 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi