Narain Karthikeyan records another win in Auto GP
Brno (Czech Republic): Narain Karthikeyan shrugged off the qualifying issues to record a superb win in the penultimate race of the AutoGP season, taking the championship fight the final race.
Narain had to start third on the grid after an untimely red flag forced him to abandon a flying lap that would have otherwise been good for pole position, yesterday.
Narain drove a flawless race, controlling the pace and driving to the limits of his tyres, as he had started the race on used tyres in a bid to save a fresh set for the reverse grid race two.
After this win, Narain now has 195 points, 15 behind SuperNova teammate Vittorio Ghirelli in the title standings.
Narain now has scored maximum number of wins (5) and pole positions (4) in the 2013 season.
"We were keen to make amends today and ensure that we take the title fight down to the last race," Narain said.
He will start eighth in the reverse grid tomorrow, which means clinching the title will be an uphill task as Narain not only needs to win the race but title rival Ghirelli has to finish sixth or lower in order for Narain to secure the crown.
"Honestly there a very little chance but all I can do is get the best result tomorrow and see what happens. We have a set of new soft tyres saved and we intend to make the best of it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion