Narain wins NASCAR’s ‘Most Popular Driver’ award
Miami: Narain Karthikeyan beat veterans and fan favourites like Ron Hornaday and 2010 champion Todd Bodine to win the ‘Most Popular Driver of 2010’ award in a fan poll held on the NASCAR website.
In a huge surprise, Karthikeyan, now participating in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series here, and who has run a total of only nine out of the 25 race calendar, garnered the most votes.
Karthikeyan, who drives for Starbeast Motorsports team, said: “Racing in NASCAR has been such a rewarding experience, both personally and professionally. From the other drivers to the fans, everyone has been extremely welcoming and supportive.”
“I really want to thank all the fans, in India, the US and everywhere else who voted for me. I am truly honoured to receive this accolade,” India’s first Formula One driver said on receiving the honour at the NASCAR end of season awards banquet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details