Narendra, Bolisetti grab honours
Chennai: TVS Girling`s S Narendran and Rad Racing`s Sailesh Bolisetti of Vizag hogged the limelight, each winning a race in the 13th JK Tyre National Road Racing championship at MMST track at Irungattukottai near here on Saturday.
Naredran won the Formula Swift category, while Bolisetti claimed top honours in the Super Saloon race,besides finishing second on pole to Vishnu Prasad in the Volkswagen Polo Cup qualifying event.
Rains played spoilsport with the schedule for the day and the Formula Rolon event was postponed to Sunday. However, in Delhi`s Sarosh Hataria took pole in qualifying with a timing of 01:51:368. Saran Vikram and Chittesh Mandody will start in second and third places.
In Formula Swift event, Narendran (20 min 16.238 secs) was quicker by 1.259 seconds to Ajay Kini (20:17.497 secs),while Deepak (20:24.193 sec) was 7.955 seconds behind in third Bolisetti was much quicker on the corners compared to the others and clocked 18 min 33.249 seconds (nine laps) to win the Super Saloon event, while Virdhan timed 18:39.864 seconds.Siddharth Kishore took 18:45.383 seconds.
Driving diesel Polo Cars for the first time on full loop circuit during the season Vishnu Prasad grabbed pole on trying wet conditions timing 2min 09.430 secs. He had to ward off stiff challenge all through from Bolisetti.
Bolesetti (2:09.821 secs) and Parth Ghorpade (2:10.123
secs) settled for second and third spots for the races
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends