Next weekend crucial for Ferrari: Felipe Massa
Rio de Janeiro: Ferrari driver Felipe Massa says the next week will reveal if the Italian team`s remodelled Formula 1 car will deliver success in 2013.
The season opening Australian Grand Prix will be held at Melbourne`s Albert Park March 17, and Massa says the lead-up to the race will provide an accurate gauge of the team`s progress, reports Xinhua.
"The pre-season is full of tests but they are not always a reflection of results during the season. A team that doesn`t do so well in testing can have a great championship. We have to be prepared. At the end of qualifying for the Australian Grand Prix we will have a better idea," the Brazilian said here Saturday.
After scoring just 23 points in the first half of last season, Massa rallied with a series of impressive results to finish seventh in the drivers` standings with 122 points.
Ferrari have rewarded the 31-year-old with a one-year contract extension as the team strives for its first constructors` title since 2008.
Massa said he and teammate Fernando Alonso were more confident entering the new season than at the same time last year.
"We feel the car is good, more stable and easier to drive. It`s hard to say where we are compared to the others but the car has been well-constructed with all areas addressed. I think that overall we are going to be more competitive and that we have great potential to be vying for good results from the outset," Massa added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why