Nick Fry to step down as CEO of Mercedes (Lead, correcting dateline)
Sepang: The Mercedes Formula 1 team Friday announced that its CEO Nick Fry will step down from his position at the beginning of April.
Fry, however, will continue to assist the team`s commercial operations as a consultant until at least the end of 2014, said a team statement.
Toto Wolff, Mercedes new executive director and 30 per cent shareholder, will now take a greater role in the day-to-day running of the team alongside team principal Ross Brawn, assuming the areas of responsibility previously held by Nick, the release added.
"I feel very privileged to have had the opportunity to work with our team for the last 11 years and remain extremely proud of the fact that we took the team to its first race win and especially the double World Championship in 2009," said Fry.
"Equally important is the success of our commercial activities as we have managed to gain the support of some of the most important companies in the world, thereby building a strong foundation for the future success of the team."
Toto Wolff said, "I would like to thank Nick for more than ten years of service to the team in Brackley."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday