Nico 10th fastest in practice for Spanish GP
Barcelona: Nico Hulkenberg was the best placed Sahara Force India driver with a top-10 position in the free practice sessions ahead of Sunday`s Spanish Grand Prix on Friday.
The young German finished 10th in both the sessions, managing a time of 1 minute 24.365 sec in the second one, which was better than the 1:25.339 effort in the morning.
The team evaluated its latest developments and worked through the usual set-up and tyre programmes. Paul Di Resta did not participate in the first session and was 15th in the second with a timing of 1:24.688 from 30 laps.
Team`s Jules Bianchi was 18th fastest in FP1 when he clocked 1:26.630 for his fastest lap.
"We got through the programme pretty much as planned and the initial results seem quite encouraging. We made some changes during the lunch break and they improved things, so I`m happy about what we?ve done today," said Nico.
Paul was also happy with the way FP session went off.
"I had the new parts on the car, which seem to be delivering, although it`s too early to say where we stand because we don`t know what everyone else was doing or their fuel loads," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price