Nico Rosberg escapes penalty, reprimanded
Silverstone (England): Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg, who won the British Grand Prix here Sunday, escaped a penalty by the international automobile federation (FIA) by only being reprimanded.
The German had failed to slow down sufficiently under yellow flags and was called by the race stewards after the race. Any penalty could have risked his second win of the 2013 Formula 1 season.
But the stewards only reprimanded Rosberg, who keeps the win.
Rosberg won only 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, who came second 7.1 seconds ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the 52-lap race, after a series of tyre explosions and punctures disrupted the race bringing out the safety car twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi