Nico Rosberg escapes penalty, reprimanded
Silverstone (England): Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg, who won the British Grand Prix here Sunday, escaped a penalty by the international automobile federation (FIA) by only being reprimanded.
The German had failed to slow down sufficiently under yellow flags and was called by the race stewards after the race. Any penalty could have risked his second win of the 2013 Formula 1 season.
But the stewards only reprimanded Rosberg, who keeps the win.
Rosberg won only 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, who came second 7.1 seconds ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the 52-lap race, after a series of tyre explosions and punctures disrupted the race bringing out the safety car twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Rio Olympics 2016: Amid Zika fears, Eugenie Bouchard confirms she'll play in coveted event
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today
- Michelle Obama endorses Hillary Clinton at Democratic Convention
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala