Nico Rosberg escapes penalty, reprimanded
Silverstone (England): Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg, who won the British Grand Prix here Sunday, escaped a penalty by the international automobile federation (FIA) by only being reprimanded.
The German had failed to slow down sufficiently under yellow flags and was called by the race stewards after the race. Any penalty could have risked his second win of the 2013 Formula 1 season.
But the stewards only reprimanded Rosberg, who keeps the win.
Rosberg won only 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, who came second 7.1 seconds ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the 52-lap race, after a series of tyre explosions and punctures disrupted the race bringing out the safety car twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!