Nico Rosberg escapes penalty, reprimanded
Silverstone (England): Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg, who won the British Grand Prix here Sunday, escaped a penalty by the international automobile federation (FIA) by only being reprimanded.
The German had failed to slow down sufficiently under yellow flags and was called by the race stewards after the race. Any penalty could have risked his second win of the 2013 Formula 1 season.
But the stewards only reprimanded Rosberg, who keeps the win.
Rosberg won only 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, who came second 7.1 seconds ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the 52-lap race, after a series of tyre explosions and punctures disrupted the race bringing out the safety car twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders
- Earth-like planet found in nearest solar system: Study