Nico Rosberg escapes penalty, reprimanded
Silverstone (England): Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg, who won the British Grand Prix here Sunday, escaped a penalty by the international automobile federation (FIA) by only being reprimanded.
The German had failed to slow down sufficiently under yellow flags and was called by the race stewards after the race. Any penalty could have risked his second win of the 2013 Formula 1 season.
But the stewards only reprimanded Rosberg, who keeps the win.
Rosberg won only 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, who came second 7.1 seconds ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the 52-lap race, after a series of tyre explosions and punctures disrupted the race bringing out the safety car twice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi `blocking path to Allah`
- Japan's Shinzo Abe may leave tax hike to next PM: Reports
- 17 killed in fire at elderly people's care home in Ukraine
- DLF targets up to Rs 3,500 crore in new sales booking in FY17
- Maanayata, hubby Sanjay Dutt's adorable dance is the most romantic thing you will watch today!