Nico Rosberg retires from British Grand Prix
Silverstone: Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg retired from the British Grand Prix on Sunday after suffering problems with his Mercedes gearbox.
The German led British team mate and title rival Lewis Hamilton by 29 points before the start, with 10 races remaining after Silverstone.
Hamilton took the lead as Rosberg slowed, pulled over and parked up on the grass.
The retirement was Rosberg`s first of the season.
The German had reported problems with the downshift on lap 20 of a race that was stopped after an opening lap collision and re-started after an hour`s delay. He then told his engineers he was struggling to change up as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?