Nico Rosberg wins British Grand Prix
Silverstone: Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg won a thrilling and action-packed British Grand Prix here Sunday.
The German driver won only 0.7 seconds ahead of Red Bull's Mark Webber, who came second 7.1 seconds ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso in the 52-lap race, after a series of tyre explosions and punctures disrupted the race bringing out the safety car twice.
Pole position man and local driver Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes had a tyre failure early in the race after a superb start of the grid with Red Bull's triple World Champion Sebastian Vettel overtaking Rosberg for second. Hamilton eventually finished fourth after fighting back through the field.
In the 42nd lap, championship leader Vettel lost drive and also had to retire giving the lead to Rosberg for the first time in the Grand Prix.
Championship contender Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus finished fifth while Ferrari's Felipe Massa finished seventh. Massa had a brilliant start, catapulting ahead of the pack from 11th to fifth before he suffered a tyre explosion which pushed him to the back of the grid.
This is Rosberg's second win of the season after winning the Monaco Grand Prix in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray