No issues racing with Narain for Race of Champions: Chandhok
New Delhi: Karun Chandhok today said there were no issues between him and Narain Karthikeyan and he was not averse to the idea of pairing up with him for the Race of Champions in Bangkok later this year.
According to reports, Chandhok and Karthikeyan were approached by the organisers to represent Team India at the year-end motorsport festival but latter, backed by MRF Tyres, was not keen on joining hands with JK Tyre`s brand ambassador Karun.
"I speak to Narain every day. There`s absolutely no problem. If opportunity comes, I don`t think that both of us will have a problem," said Karun.
"Right now, nothing has been confirmed. It`s all up in the air but there`s absolutely no problem between us. What people want to speculate, what people want to write, we can`t control it.
"My point is I have spoken to Narain, he doesn`t have any problem, I don`t have any problem, and it`s simple. I am not saying it will happen, I am not saying it will not happen but we will see. All I am saying is there is no problem between us. It will be good fun if we come together," he added.
If the duo come together for the race, it would be an interesting contest as they would be taking on the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher (Team Germany) in identical cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what