Officials review F1 security arrangements ahead of Indian GP
Greater Noida: Top divisional officials today visited the Budhh International Circuit here and reviewed the security arrangements for the three-day Formula One event starting this Friday.
Commissioner Manjit Singh and DIG K Satyanarayana held a meeting with officials at the Collectorate, and directed the concerned officials to ensure heightened security during the event, which is scheduled from October 25 to 27.
Besides domestic spectators, a large number of foreigners are also expected to visit for the racing event.
Singh asked the police officials to screen all vehicles and persons, and check for for arms, ammunition or any other material which can pose a security threat.
The DIG directed the police officers to conduct a rehearsal of the security arrangements tomorrow, a day before the event begins.
SSP Preetinder Singh briefed the two officials about the security plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise