Ogier in lead in Sweden
Hagfors: France`s Sebastien Ogier held the lead at the end of Thursday`s action in the Rally of Sweden, the second leg of this year`s World Rally Championship.
Volkswagen driver Ogier, the defending world champion and winner in Sweden last year, leads two fellow Volkswagen drivers in Andreas Mikkelsen of Norway and Jari-Matti Latvala of Finland.
Mikkelsen trails by a margin of 5.8 seconds, with Latvala 12.2 seconds off the pace after a day which featured six stages covering a total of over 60 kilometres on icy roads and saw drivers cross the border into Norway.
Ogier and Mikkelsen have won six of the seven special stages between them since the start of the event on Wednesday evening, with Estonia`s Ott Tanak winning special stage five.
"I didn`t expect to finish the day in first place after being first on the road this morning," admitted Ogier.
Friday will feature nine more special stages with almost 120 kilometres timed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family