Ostberg edges Ogier on Mexico opening day
Norway`s Mads Ostberg, in a Citroen, led the Rally of Mexico after Friday`s opening five stages, relegating world champion Sebastien Ogier in a Volkswagen into second spot.
Ostberg has a three-second advantage over the Frenchman while Finland`s Mikko Hirvonen was 11 seconds off the pace in a Ford Fiesta in third spot.
Ogier, who went into the race in second place in the world championship behind Volkswagen teammate Jari-Matti Latvala, had won the opening two stages of the day.
But Ostberg prevailed on the third and fourth stages, the longest of the day, before Ogier took took the fifth.
"It`s my first rally on this surface in the Citroen DS3 but I had a good feeling on the first stage and I understood what I had to do to make the most of it," said Ostberg.
Twelve months ago, the Norwegian had put Ogier under huge pressure in Mexico when he was with Ford before electrical problems forced him to retire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America