Ostberg edges Ogier on Mexico opening day
Norway`s Mads Ostberg, in a Citroen, led the Rally of Mexico after Friday`s opening five stages, relegating world champion Sebastien Ogier in a Volkswagen into second spot.
Ostberg has a three-second advantage over the Frenchman while Finland`s Mikko Hirvonen was 11 seconds off the pace in a Ford Fiesta in third spot.
Ogier, who went into the race in second place in the world championship behind Volkswagen teammate Jari-Matti Latvala, had won the opening two stages of the day.
But Ostberg prevailed on the third and fourth stages, the longest of the day, before Ogier took took the fifth.
"It`s my first rally on this surface in the Citroen DS3 but I had a good feeling on the first stage and I understood what I had to do to make the most of it," said Ostberg.
Twelve months ago, the Norwegian had put Ogier under huge pressure in Mexico when he was with Ford before electrical problems forced him to retire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news