Patrick finishes sixth in stock car debut
Detroit: IndyCar driver Danica Patrick survived a spinout to finish sixth in her stock car debut at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday.
"That was fun," Patrick, the only woman to win an IndyCar race, told reporters after the 80-lap ARCA race on the high-banked speedway.
"I was going side-by-side with people. My car doesn`t look very pretty," she said of the dents and scrapes, "but that was fun."
Former Formula One driver Nelson Piquet Jr and Patrick`s car bumped on lap 54, sending her spinning in the grass.
"The guy came down over the front of me," said Patrick, who did not crash and resumed racing in the regional stock car series that uses NASCAR-type cars.
"I thought: `Shoot, we`re not out of it,`" she said. "I was pretty excited to go from last."
American Bobby Gerhart won the race with Piquet Jr 27th.
Patrick, who plans to run a partial schedule on NASCAR`s second tier series this year, could make her debut there next week. A decision is expected on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Over one million sign UK petition for second EU vote
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Subramanian Swamy's reply to Robert Vadra: 'Concentrate on staying out of jail`
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Congress protests ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Smart City event in Pune