Patrick finishes sixth in stock car debut
Detroit: IndyCar driver Danica Patrick survived a spinout to finish sixth in her stock car debut at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday.
"That was fun," Patrick, the only woman to win an IndyCar race, told reporters after the 80-lap ARCA race on the high-banked speedway.
"I was going side-by-side with people. My car doesn`t look very pretty," she said of the dents and scrapes, "but that was fun."
Former Formula One driver Nelson Piquet Jr and Patrick`s car bumped on lap 54, sending her spinning in the grass.
"The guy came down over the front of me," said Patrick, who did not crash and resumed racing in the regional stock car series that uses NASCAR-type cars.
"I thought: `Shoot, we`re not out of it,`" she said. "I was pretty excited to go from last."
American Bobby Gerhart won the race with Piquet Jr 27th.
Patrick, who plans to run a partial schedule on NASCAR`s second tier series this year, could make her debut there next week. A decision is expected on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you