Patrick finishes sixth in stock car debut
Detroit: IndyCar driver Danica Patrick survived a spinout to finish sixth in her stock car debut at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday.
"That was fun," Patrick, the only woman to win an IndyCar race, told reporters after the 80-lap ARCA race on the high-banked speedway.
"I was going side-by-side with people. My car doesn`t look very pretty," she said of the dents and scrapes, "but that was fun."
Former Formula One driver Nelson Piquet Jr and Patrick`s car bumped on lap 54, sending her spinning in the grass.
"The guy came down over the front of me," said Patrick, who did not crash and resumed racing in the regional stock car series that uses NASCAR-type cars.
"I thought: `Shoot, we`re not out of it,`" she said. "I was pretty excited to go from last."
American Bobby Gerhart won the race with Piquet Jr 27th.
Patrick, who plans to run a partial schedule on NASCAR`s second tier series this year, could make her debut there next week. A decision is expected on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical