Patrick finishes sixth in stock car debut
Detroit: IndyCar driver Danica Patrick survived a spinout to finish sixth in her stock car debut at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday.
"That was fun," Patrick, the only woman to win an IndyCar race, told reporters after the 80-lap ARCA race on the high-banked speedway.
"I was going side-by-side with people. My car doesn`t look very pretty," she said of the dents and scrapes, "but that was fun."
Former Formula One driver Nelson Piquet Jr and Patrick`s car bumped on lap 54, sending her spinning in the grass.
"The guy came down over the front of me," said Patrick, who did not crash and resumed racing in the regional stock car series that uses NASCAR-type cars.
"I thought: `Shoot, we`re not out of it,`" she said. "I was pretty excited to go from last."
American Bobby Gerhart won the race with Piquet Jr 27th.
Patrick, who plans to run a partial schedule on NASCAR`s second tier series this year, could make her debut there next week. A decision is expected on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre