Paul di Resta may give up F1, 2014, as competition for Force India seats accelerates
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta could prefer to follow his cousin, Dario Franchitti, and associate himself with IndyCar racing for the next season, according to reports.
According to a Newspaper, di Resta is being necessitated to consider a driving career outside Formula One as seats run out for next season.
Di Resta stated that he built up a good reputation in DTM racing, which he conquered in 2010, and there are opportunities in a few other series, further adding that he has always been slightly concerned about the safety of IndyCar but sitting down and looking at it logically, it’s a serious option.
Force India, as usual, will not announce their 2014 drivers until the end of December but they want to re-sign the highly rated Nico Hulkenberg from Sauber, the report said.
The incumbent Adrian Sutil and Sergio Perez , who have been dropped by McLaren, are deserving for the other seat, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today