Paul di Resta may give up F1, 2014, as competition for Force India seats accelerates
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta could prefer to follow his cousin, Dario Franchitti, and associate himself with IndyCar racing for the next season, according to reports.
According to a Newspaper, di Resta is being necessitated to consider a driving career outside Formula One as seats run out for next season.
Di Resta stated that he built up a good reputation in DTM racing, which he conquered in 2010, and there are opportunities in a few other series, further adding that he has always been slightly concerned about the safety of IndyCar but sitting down and looking at it logically, it’s a serious option.
Force India, as usual, will not announce their 2014 drivers until the end of December but they want to re-sign the highly rated Nico Hulkenberg from Sauber, the report said.
The incumbent Adrian Sutil and Sergio Perez , who have been dropped by McLaren, are deserving for the other seat, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000