Paul di Resta may give up F1, 2014, as competition for Force India seats accelerates
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta could prefer to follow his cousin, Dario Franchitti, and associate himself with IndyCar racing for the next season, according to reports.
According to a Newspaper, di Resta is being necessitated to consider a driving career outside Formula One as seats run out for next season.
Di Resta stated that he built up a good reputation in DTM racing, which he conquered in 2010, and there are opportunities in a few other series, further adding that he has always been slightly concerned about the safety of IndyCar but sitting down and looking at it logically, it’s a serious option.
Force India, as usual, will not announce their 2014 drivers until the end of December but they want to re-sign the highly rated Nico Hulkenberg from Sauber, the report said.
The incumbent Adrian Sutil and Sergio Perez , who have been dropped by McLaren, are deserving for the other seat, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what