Paul di Resta only Sahara Force India driver in top-10
Spa-Francorchamps: Sahara Force India`s Paul di Resta on Saturday qualified 10th on the grid while his teammate Nico Hulkenberg will start Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix in the 12th position as action returns to Formula One after the summer break, here.
However, the Indian team which is desperate to improve its position in the Constructors` championship will have to deliver an outstanding race since their close rivals Sauber and Williams have their cars ahead on the grid.
Sauber`s Kamui Kobayashi today delivered season`s best result by qualifying second behind McLaren`s Jenson Button, who secured his first pole position of the 2012 season.
Williams` Pastor Maldonado was third quickest.
Hence, the Indian team has a task cut as it trails Williams by seven points and Sauber by 34 points.
Button`s fastest lap came in 1:47.573 mins as he edged out Japanese Kobayashi (1:47.871) by two tenths of a second.
Maldonado clocked third fastest lap when he timed 1:47.893, followed by Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus and Sergio Perez in the second Sauber.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso was sixth followed by Red Bull`s Mark Webber, Lewis Hamilton in second McLaren, Lotus` Romain Grosjean and Paul di Resta.
Webber will drop places on the grid after a five-place penalty due to unscheduled gear-box change.
Force India`s second driver Nico Hulkenberg`s effort of 1:48.855 stuck him in Q2 and it was good enough for 12th place, just behind double defending champion Sebestian Vettel in his Red Bull.
When Webber is dropped, his teammate Vettel will move into top-10 and will also push Di Resta to ninth. Narain Karthikeyan will start 24th and last on the grid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi