Paul gets 2 points for Force India; Nico, Narain crash out
Abu Dhabi: Nico Hulkenberg had to endure a crash in the first lap of the race but Paul di Resta earned two points for Sahara Force India from the incident-filled Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where Narain Karthikeyan survived a big accident, here on Sunday.
Di Resta finished ninth after starting 12th from the grid but Hulkenberg`s race lasted less than a lap as he damaged his car due to an accident at the start.
Karthikeyan, India`s only F1 driver at present, suffered a massive crash in lap 8 when Nico Rosberg launched his Mercedes off the back of the HRT of Karthikeyan.
The Indian driver braked early at that corner and Rosberg could not stop his Mercedes from hitting and then flying over Karthikeyan`s car.
It was a huge crash - similar to when Michael Schumacher hit David Coulthard in the 1998 Belgian Grand Prix.
Fortunately, both Karthikeyan and Rosberg escaped unhurt.
Earlier, there was contact between the Hulkenberg and Williams` Bruno Senna and the German`s car was damaged badly.
"I think I just had quite a bad start bad run into turn one and got sandwiched and I was halfway between the cars and there was no way out and there was contact," Hulkenberg said.
Force India now have 95 points, 29 behind Sauber and the it is highly unlikely that the Indian team can now achieve the sixth place in the constructors` table with just two races left in the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert