Paul gets 2 points for Force India; Nico, Narain crash out
Abu Dhabi: Nico Hulkenberg had to endure a crash in the first lap of the race but Paul di Resta earned two points for Sahara Force India from the incident-filled Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where Narain Karthikeyan survived a big accident, here on Sunday.
Di Resta finished ninth after starting 12th from the grid but Hulkenberg`s race lasted less than a lap as he damaged his car due to an accident at the start.
Karthikeyan, India`s only F1 driver at present, suffered a massive crash in lap 8 when Nico Rosberg launched his Mercedes off the back of the HRT of Karthikeyan.
The Indian driver braked early at that corner and Rosberg could not stop his Mercedes from hitting and then flying over Karthikeyan`s car.
It was a huge crash - similar to when Michael Schumacher hit David Coulthard in the 1998 Belgian Grand Prix.
Fortunately, both Karthikeyan and Rosberg escaped unhurt.
Earlier, there was contact between the Hulkenberg and Williams` Bruno Senna and the German`s car was damaged badly.
"I think I just had quite a bad start bad run into turn one and got sandwiched and I was halfway between the cars and there was no way out and there was contact," Hulkenberg said.
Force India now have 95 points, 29 behind Sauber and the it is highly unlikely that the Indian team can now achieve the sixth place in the constructors` table with just two races left in the season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists