Pedrosa questioned over cheating in yachting exam
Valencia: Spanish MotoGP rider Dani Pedrosa is in trouble with the local police after being taken in for questioning about cheating in an examination for a captain`s recreational yachting licence.
Pedrosa was one of a group of people arrested after being surprised during the exam at the Universidad Politecnica de Valencia on Saturday, Spanish media reported.
A local government official said some students had been wired up with earpieces to receive the answers to the exams and that 21 people had been detained in the operation.
"After taking bad advice I have committed an error," the Honda rider said in a statement released through his lawyers on Monday.
"You can ignore or learn from mistakes and I have learned from this. I want to apologise to all my followers.”
"Now I want to look forward. I am a motorbike rider, the world championship begins this weekend in Qatar and I want to focus exclusively on Sunday`s race."
Pedrosa, 26, was world champion in the 125cc and 250cc categories but is still seeking his first title in MotoGP after six attempts. He finished fourth last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing