Pedrosa unlikely to be fit for Dutch MotoGP
Madrid: Dani Pedrosa is unlikely to have recovered from surgery on a fractured collarbone in time for the Dutch Grand Prix at Assen on June 25, his Repsol Honda team said.
The 25-year-old Spaniard had a titanium plate inserted after a fall at the French Grand Prix at Le Mans last month and needed further surgery last week after a fragment of bone came loose.
"Dani Pedrosa keeps improving every day but most probably he will not be able to take part in this next round," Repsol Honda said in a statement.
If Pedrosa were unable to race, Gresini Honda rider Hiroshi Aoyama would replace him, the team added.
Pedrosa said he was feeling much better, the pain he felt before the operation had gone and he hoped to be back for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello at the start of next month.
"To be honest it will be very difficult for me to make it to Assen but I really believe I will be okay for Mugello," he said.
"So now I`m focussed on working to get better every day and see how far I get.”
"I want to return as soon as possible but I want to do the right thing."
Pedrosa missed his home race in Barcelona and the British Grand Prix and is fifth in the championship standings on 61 points after six races.
Team mate Casey Stoner leads the standings on 116 points, with champion Jorge Lorenzo of Yamaha on 98 in second and Andrea Dovizioso, also of Repsol Honda, in third on 83.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"