Pedrosa unlikely to be fit for Dutch MotoGP
Madrid: Dani Pedrosa is unlikely to have recovered from surgery on a fractured collarbone in time for the Dutch Grand Prix at Assen on June 25, his Repsol Honda team said.
The 25-year-old Spaniard had a titanium plate inserted after a fall at the French Grand Prix at Le Mans last month and needed further surgery last week after a fragment of bone came loose.
"Dani Pedrosa keeps improving every day but most probably he will not be able to take part in this next round," Repsol Honda said in a statement.
If Pedrosa were unable to race, Gresini Honda rider Hiroshi Aoyama would replace him, the team added.
Pedrosa said he was feeling much better, the pain he felt before the operation had gone and he hoped to be back for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello at the start of next month.
"To be honest it will be very difficult for me to make it to Assen but I really believe I will be okay for Mugello," he said.
"So now I`m focussed on working to get better every day and see how far I get.”
"I want to return as soon as possible but I want to do the right thing."
Pedrosa missed his home race in Barcelona and the British Grand Prix and is fifth in the championship standings on 61 points after six races.
Team mate Casey Stoner leads the standings on 116 points, with champion Jorge Lorenzo of Yamaha on 98 in second and Andrea Dovizioso, also of Repsol Honda, in third on 83.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days