Penalty for Vettel over comments on Karthikeyan?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel may face penalty over his controversial comments on Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan after Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Before calling HRT`s Narain Karthikeyan an ‘idiot’, Vettel was also seen showing his middle finger to Karthikeyan during the race.
Vettel had told BBC after the race: "Like on normal roads, you have some idiots driving around. It seems there is also one driving here."
He commented after both their cars collided in the 46th lap of the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Fellow Formula One drivers Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg had backed Narain Karthikeyan after his collision with Sebastian Vettel during the dramatic Malaysian Grand Prix.
Karthikeyan, in his HRT, contacted the rear left of Vettel`s Red Bull in the dying moments of the rain-affected race Sunday, resulting in a rare 11th place finish for the German. Vettel was runing fourth at the time of the incident and lost out on 12 points in the drivers` standings due to the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill