Perez says McLaren might recall last year`s car following disastrous start
Sydney: McLaren driver Sergio Perez has claimed the team would do anything to come back strongly to win races this season following their disastrous start in Melbourne, even if that mean recalling last year`s car.
The Formula One team`s newest driver, Perez, who came over from Sauber in the off season, said the 2013 car can still perform. Perez said they would try everything to be back in contention, adding he thinks the car has potential and they have to try to understand and take the maximum out of it.
Perez added they want to win this year and they would do anything in our hearts to go back to winning. Perez replaced Lewis Hamilton, who moved to Mercedes, and it introduced a redesigned car to improve consistency.
But, the new MP4-28 has been beset by problems. Both Perez and team mate Jensen Button claim there were a litany of problems with their new car, mostly to do with the balance and aerodynamics, including the down force, which hasn`t been sufficient.
Perez, who remains upbeat about the team`s prospects and still seems awed to be driving for McLaren, insisted he was not regretting his decision to leave Sauber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees