Perez says McLaren might recall last year`s car following disastrous start

Last Updated: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 16:19

Sydney: McLaren driver Sergio Perez has claimed the team would do anything to come back strongly to win races this season following their disastrous start in Melbourne, even if that mean recalling last year`s car.

The Formula One team`s newest driver, Perez, who came over from Sauber in the off season, said the 2013 car can still perform. Perez said they would try everything to be back in contention, adding he thinks the car has potential and they have to try to understand and take the maximum out of it.

Perez added they want to win this year and they would do anything in our hearts to go back to winning. Perez replaced Lewis Hamilton, who moved to Mercedes, and it introduced a redesigned car to improve consistency.

But, the new MP4-28 has been beset by problems. Both Perez and team mate Jensen Button claim there were a litany of problems with their new car, mostly to do with the balance and aerodynamics, including the down force, which hasn`t been sufficient.

Perez, who remains upbeat about the team`s prospects and still seems awed to be driving for McLaren, insisted he was not regretting his decision to leave Sauber.

ANI



First Published: Friday, March 22, 2013 - 16:19

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus