Perez secures best start of season for Force India in Bahrain
Sakhir (Bahrain): Sahara Force India continued their impressive run in the 2014 season with Sergio Perez qualifying a superb fifth on the grid even as Nico Hulkenberg`s last lap was good enough only for 12th place.
Perez though will start from fourth position since third-placed Daniel Ricciardo will go down to 13th due to a 10-place grid penalty imposed on him due to unsafe release in the last race in Malaysia.
Penalty on the Red Bull driver means that Hulkenberg will also move up a position to 11th.
Fourth slot on the grid for Perez will be the best start for Force India in this season and the Mexican racer has managed this high position only second time in his F1 career.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg will start from pole position and will be joined on the front row by teammate Lewis Hamilton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city