Piquet Jr. to make stock car debut at Daytona
New York: Brazilian driver Nelson Piquet Jr., who was at the center of a major Formula One scandal last year, will make his stock car debut next month at the Daytona International Speedway, he said.
Piquet Jr., son of three-times Formula One world champion driver Nelson Piquet, will make his debut in a 200-mile race which will also be the first stock car event for Danica Patrick, the only woman to win an IndyCar event.
Piquet Jr. will drive the No. 6 Toyota car fielded by Eddie Sharp Racing on Feb. 6 in the Automobile Racing Club of America event. ARCA is a minor league with NASCAR-type cars.
"I`m very excited. I can`t wait to reach 200 mph side-by-side and rubbing paint," Piquet said in a statement. "The plans for the season are coming together really well ... I can`t wait to get out on track."
The 24-year-old Brazilian triggered one of Formula One`s biggest scandals last year after being dropped by his Renault team when he told the sport`s governing body he had crashed deliberately in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix to help team mate Fernando Alonso win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in