Piquet says `close` to Force India deal
New Delhi: A key character of the `crashgate` scandal, Renault discard Nelson Piquet Jr could be seen behind the wheels of the Force India car next season, according to media reports.
According to paddock speculations, Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi cannot take their Force India seats for granted because the Mercedes-backed duo of Pedro de la Rosa and Paul di Resta are also apparently on the radar of the Vijay Mallya-owned side.
Piquet`s future looked bleak after he admitted deliberately crashing in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix so that teammate Fernando Alonso could win the race.
Renault team principle Flavio Briatore summarily dismissed Piquet even though neither Briatore nor engineer Pat Symonds could avoid a ban from the FIA.
Talking to a Brazilian website, Piquet Jr said he was weighing in his Force India and NASCAR options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city