Piquet says `close` to Force India deal
New Delhi: A key character of the `crashgate` scandal, Renault discard Nelson Piquet Jr could be seen behind the wheels of the Force India car next season, according to media reports.
According to paddock speculations, Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi cannot take their Force India seats for granted because the Mercedes-backed duo of Pedro de la Rosa and Paul di Resta are also apparently on the radar of the Vijay Mallya-owned side.
Piquet`s future looked bleak after he admitted deliberately crashing in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix so that teammate Fernando Alonso could win the race.
Renault team principle Flavio Briatore summarily dismissed Piquet even though neither Briatore nor engineer Pat Symonds could avoid a ban from the FIA.
Talking to a Brazilian website, Piquet Jr said he was weighing in his Force India and NASCAR options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman