Podium for Karthikeyan in Race 1 at Mugello round of Auto GP
Mugello (Italy): Overcoming mechanical issues, Narain Karthikeyan raced brilliantly to finish third in Race 1 of the Mugello round of the Auto GP championship, here.
The Indian had pole position but engine issues forced him to pit early and re-join the race from the back of the field.
However, Karthikeyan worked his way to the podium behind winner Sergio Campana (Ibiza Racing Team) and second-placed Kevin Giovesi (Ghinzani Motorsport).
Karthikeyan helped his side Super Nova earn 15 points and kept them in the lead in the team championship.
"This podium finish definitely feels like a win for me. Despite the fact that we had scored the pole, I was forced back to the pit-lane due to a glitch in the acceleration system. Once back on-track, I caught the tail of the field and started to pass my opponents, also profiting from some contacts ahead. Now I`m aiming for the win in Race 2," Karthikeyan said.
In race 2, Karthikeyan will begin from sixth position on the grid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16