Podium for Karthikeyan in Race 1 at Mugello round of Auto GP
Mugello (Italy): Overcoming mechanical issues, Narain Karthikeyan raced brilliantly to finish third in Race 1 of the Mugello round of the Auto GP championship, here.
The Indian had pole position but engine issues forced him to pit early and re-join the race from the back of the field.
However, Karthikeyan worked his way to the podium behind winner Sergio Campana (Ibiza Racing Team) and second-placed Kevin Giovesi (Ghinzani Motorsport).
Karthikeyan helped his side Super Nova earn 15 points and kept them in the lead in the team championship.
"This podium finish definitely feels like a win for me. Despite the fact that we had scored the pole, I was forced back to the pit-lane due to a glitch in the acceleration system. Once back on-track, I caught the tail of the field and started to pass my opponents, also profiting from some contacts ahead. Now I`m aiming for the win in Race 2," Karthikeyan said.
In race 2, Karthikeyan will begin from sixth position on the grid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof